On this episode of the Stephen Cooley Real Estate Show, Stephen and Rick talked about how to get your home ready to sell and things sellers can do to help your home stand out. Rick shared his top 5 tips that sellers can do to make their homes stand out.
- Price Your Home Correctly: Pricing your home correctly is key. When pricing a home there are many things that need to be taken into consideration: comps, upgrades, sq.ft. etc. One thing that sellers need to remember is that sometimes overpricing will cost more in the long run.
- Spruce Up Curb Appeal: The outside of your home is the first thing that potential buyers see when they arrive. When a buyer sees that the yard has been neglected, it can start the home tour with negative vibes. Just doing small things like pulling weeds and redoing mulch can go a long way.
- Clean & Organize Your Home: You want to make your home noticeably clean and organized because most buyers will see more than one home and you want your home to be memorable.
- Use Neutral Colors: You should always want to make buyers feel at home because it makes it easier for them to see themselves living in the space. When bright uncommon colors are used, it can cause buyers to have a negative feeling about the space.
- Have Your Home Pre-Inspected: If you have a general inspection done on your home, you can go ahead and fix the small things that come up. Also, by doing this before you list your home gives you an advantage over other homes that have not been inspected.
If you are thinking about buying or selling a home, please reach out to Rick: rick.stephencooley.com or call 803.389.1401.